It’s getting down to the final few weeks of the off-season, so tapping refresh at the park’s website may actually give you something new! Over the past few days, I’ve noticed some new information appear on the website. Let’s take a look!
Preview Night Specials
The annual Season Pass Preview Night is on April 28th from 6pm-10pm. In addition to getting to ride the new Soaring Timbers for the first time, here’s what else you have to look forward to that evening:
- Season Pass Holders can bring up to four friends for $15.99 each.
- 25% off at True North Gifts on International Street.
- 50% off arcade games at Crystal Palace arcade in Action Zone and Arcadium arcade in Medieval Faire. (Season Pass holders only.)
- 50% off Build Your Own Funnel Cake at Med Funnel Cakes.
- 50% off at the Wonderland Craft Chippery. (There’s more to this one later on in this post!)
Opening Day Specials
Wonderland officially opens to the public for another season on April 30th at 10am-8pm. Here’s what to look for on Opening Day:
- Season Pass Exclusive Ride Time in the Planet Snoopy area, and in the new Soaring Timbers area in International Festival. The SP ERT calendar is available here.
- 25% off at True North Gifts on International Street
- Buy 2, Get 2 pieces of Homemade Fudge at the Sweet Shoppe on International Street.
- 50% off arcade games at Crystal Palace arcade in Action Zone and Arcadium arcade in Medieval Faire.
- Buy one, get one half off funnel cakes at Fighter Town Funnel Cakes in Action Zone.
- 50% off any Gourmet Mac and Cheese at Alpen Cheesery in International Festival.
Dining Location Updates
Over on the Dining Locations page, there are a few new entries to take note of:
- Dockside Grill in Splashworks will serve burgers, hot dogs, and sausages, along with vegetarian options. I think this is a renaming of the Waveside Grill tent that was set up near the Waveside Pizza Pizza. Maybe we’ll see something more permanent this year.
- Timber’s BBQ Pit in International Festival will serve grilled sausages, hot dogs, turkey legs, and steak sandwiches. I believe this is a renovation of the existing Alpen Top Dog.
- La Cantina on International Street will serve tacos, burritos, and more. “La Cantina” was an original 1981 park restaurant but was removed in 2005 for Starbucks, so it’s a nice nostalgia hit to see the name back in the park. The park originally listed the International Street Burrito Bar on the website earlier in the off-season but that’s gone now (it’s still on the meal plan list as of this write-up) so I assume they renamed that to La Cantina.
- Wonderland Craft Chippery in the White Water Canyon area was mentioned earlier in the Preview Night Specials. It sounds like the Chippery has gotten a bit of a rejuvenation with tasty new items like chili cheese chips and pico de gallo chips. The Chippery was originally opened under the Paramount ownership and has served fresh-cut chips mixed with flavourings.
- International Street Eatery is no longer on the website…
That’s all of the NEW I’ve got for now. Hopefully we’ll see more shortly as we’re still waiting on the 2017 park map, and special events and live entertainment line-up!